Is It Normal To Have A Bump in my Bridge Bone After Rhinoplasty?

There is Bump in my Bridge Bone is That Normal ? I Had Rhinoplasty 3 Months Ago .

Is it normal to have a bump in my bridge bone after rhinoplasty?

+1

After 3 months, you will still be experiencing swelling. At this point in time, the bump you are describing may be a result of swelling, which can give the appearance of irregularities. It is difficult to give you advice without seeing photos or examining you. I would recommend communicating any concerns to your surgeon, as they know the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Residual bump on bridge

+1

It is common to have soft tissue swelling after Rhinoplasty that gives the appearence of a residual hump. Most of this should resolve after a couple of months. The bone and cartillage can also form a callous as a result of the surgery and this may not resolve. In these cases I often recomend a minor revsion to remove the callous with a rasp at 8 - 12 months post operatively.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump on bridge of nose after rhinoplasty

+1

A bump on the nasal bridge after rhinoplasty may be due to swelling or residual cartilage or bone. If it persists after a month or so then it most likely represents cartilage/bone and may require require secondary rasping (shaving).

Clyde H. Ishii, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Post operative bump following rhinoplasty

+1

A bump over the bridge of the nose following rhinoplasty may be due to post operative swelling or a bone callous.  If the bump is due to swelling it should resolve over the next 3 to 6 months.  If it is due to a bone callous it may require  secondary rasping.  Check back with your surgeon and let them know about your concerns.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Bump on Bridge 3 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

The bump may be residual swelling at 3 months, but this would be hard to determine without an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bump on Bridge 3 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

A picture would be very helpful. Depending on the size of your bump and exactly what was done during your operation this may resolve in the near future. For example, if grafts were done it will take longer. 

Residual nasal bump

+1

A residual nasal bump after rhinoplasty is possible.  Give it more time to heal, perhaps it is swelling?