There is Bruising Under my Breast I'm Worried It Might Be a Hematoma?

Hi im 3 weeks post breast reduction and im recovering well with no set backs. However ive been getting brusing. It doesnt hurt and it's purple. I literally feel no pain if I press it gentley. It right under my left breast. It's not huge and is small with other ones in the same area even smaller. I'm so worried about it , I haven't eaten anything bad or taken aspirin. Ive been careful I just need to know what it is.

Bruising under breast after a reduction

+1

This is most likely blood that has drifted downward due to gravity.  It is not dangerous  or a problem and will resolve over the next few weeks.  

Bleeding after breast reduction surgery

+1

A small bleed (whether a bruise or a haematoma) is quite common after breast reduction surgery. If it is small and painfree, do not worry about it - it will get absorbed leaving no long-lasting effect. If you are in pain or not sure, please see your surgeon for reassurance.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma or just bruising

+1

Sometimes patients over exert themselves during the early post-op period. It is quite possible that you did this as well. Best to be seen by your surgeon to be safe.

Hematoma is unlikely

+1

At 3 weeks it is very unlikely it is a hematoma if the breast size is not changing. As you get further away from the surgery your discomfort starts to subside. As a result your activity will pick up. You may have done something that you don't consider excessive but more than your body is used to. Perhaps this is the case. I would have your plastic surgeon take a look at it. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD