Is There Anything I Can Consider Instead of Botox?

After providing pictures of my eye area in resting position and during animation many recommended botox, restylane, and/or dysport. After much research I am pretty sure I won't do restylane. The risk (infection, lumps, blue tinted skin) is too much for me. Since my concern is my eye area I'm wondering how risky botox is since droopy eyes is from forehead placement. Other than possible infection what other risk to consider? And is there anything else I can try first? I head about lasers maybe?

Alternative to Botox

+1

Thank you for your question. Botox treatment is great for crows feet area (corner of the eyes). If you have fine lines under the eye area, I would recommend laser treatment. Fillers such as Restylane, Belotero are great for volumizing under the eye area. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

+1

Botox is most effective and safest treatment for the crow's feet area.  You should consider trying it.  If you don't like the results it goes away completely in a few months.

Another option would be laser resurfacing but that has more risks associated with it than the Botox.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Neuromodulators and The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Crow's Feet Lift Work Well For BOTH Dynamic and Static Crow's Feet Lines

+1

Crow's feet wrinkles may be defined as dynamic (those prominent only during movement, i.e. smiling); static (i.e. those present at rest following years of muscular movement of the muscles surrounding the eyes); and a combination of these two problems.

For dynamic wrinkling whose basis is muscular activity, the ideal treatment is the use of neuromodulators, such as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin. For static wrinkles, fillers may be used to literally trace each line, although I prefer to treat the entire region with The Nonsurgical 3D Vectoring Crow's Feet Lift.  When both types of wrinkles are present, both treatments would be indicated with The Nonsurgical 3D Crow's Feet Lift being performed immediately before the injections of neuromodulator. The results of combined treatment are typically quite gratifying.

Infection rates with today's hyaluronic fillers and sterile precautions are exceedingly uncommon these days, and if there is any concern about blue tint (Tyndall effect), Belotero Balance--a product that does not seem to cause this problem--can be used for the treatment of the static wrinkles.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox for crow's feet

+1

Botox is the best  and safest treatment for your crow's feet. Nothing else will give you this type of result. Of course, when we talk about Botox we also mean Dysport and Xeomin which are other brands  that do the same thing.

The major side effect could be a bruise which is pretty rare.

Be sure you have an experienced injector that is preferably a Board Certified Dermatologist, Plastic Surgeon or Opthalmologist.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for crow's feet is safe and effective

+1

When injected by an experienced provider, Botox or Dysport is very safe and effective with minimal risk of eyelid ptosis. Seek an experienced provider.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Alternatives to Botox.

+1

Hi Sweet.  If a patient like you has issues with the look of the crow's feet (outer eye) and tear trough (under eye) AND absolutely did not want to use Botox and Restylane, then we would offer Profractional Laser Resurfacing.  You are a good candidate for both injections and lasers (based on the photos you posted in the other question) and if you are averse to injections, then by all means consider fractional laser resurfacing.  The results will not be as dramatic as the injections, but they should last longer.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox

+1

Botox is a very safe product and minor bruising can develop from injection. In addition, ptosis can develop when injected near the upper eyelid. 

Botox, Dysport, Xeomin all work for crow's feet

+1

Hi!

I've looked at your pictures and saw the lines which appear when you smile, so-called "crow's feet". They result from the effects from the sun combined with the repeated movements of the muscles around your eyes.

Neuromodulators(e.g. Botox, Dysport or Xeomin) generally work well around the eyes. The most frequent risk would be a bruise, but even that is the exception rather than the rule. To minimize the risk of bruising, I inject more superficially in that area.

I also saw that you have a groove where your lower eyelid meets your cheek. That area frequently benefits from a small amount of dermal filler, e.g. Belotero or Restylane.

Topical retinoids (e.g. Retin-A, Renova, tretinoin et al.) also help to reduce fine lines around the eyes.

Lawrence Matt, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Eye Wrinkles

+1

Hi Sweet,

Neuromodulators such as Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are all very safe in the hands of experienced physicians.  They are the best treatment for crow's feet and other facial wrinkles that are the result of muscle movement.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

There are always other options...but

+1

if you're interested in the least possible risk, then botox is the way to go...compared to botox, there's nothing able to provide the enormous level of safety without the likelihood of problems...but if you want something totally non-invasive and if your wrinkles are minimal, you can try one of the retinoids like Retin-A...but it's only for early fine lines and you need to apply it for months before benefits become apparent and it can irritate your skin...so back to your choices...remember everything's optional...you don't have to do anything...but since you're obviously interested...join the enormous number of satisfied people who choose botox...

Ken Landow, MD