There Are Blood Spots That Resemble Blood Blisters on my Face After my Face Lift Surgery Nearly Two Weeks Ago. Is This Normal?

Blood Blisters 2 Weeks after Facelift

+1

Blood blisters after facelift are not normal, and an exam would be necessary to determine what needs to be done, if anything.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Blood spots on face following facelift

+1

It's difficult to give you advice without seeing photos or examining you in person.  It sounds like you are experiencing some bruising, which may take place following trauma. In general, the side effects of a facelift, which can vary depending on the type of facelift that was performed and the severity of the patient's issues, may include the following:

1) Swelling
2) Bruising
3) Temporary numbness
4) Nerve injury that is usually temporary but can sometimes be permanent

I would recommend following up with your physician to help determine the cause of you issue. Thanks and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Communicate

+1

A photo of these affected areas will be helpful. In the meantime, please maintain communication with your surgeon.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blood spots on face is this normal after a facelift

+1

Not entirely, but this is not uncommon. I would have your doctor look at it. It could be just a deep bruise. But if they are blisters you would need some special care to it

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift follow-up.

+1

After a facelift you may experience different symptoms or side effects which are best managed by your physician.  Close clinical follow-up is critical to ensure that you receive optimal care and the best possible outcome.

Schedule an appointment with your physician.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon