Is There a Big Difference from 371cc and 397cc Sililcone Implants?

Im 5'4 118 pounds getting my implants in 9 days, had narrowed It down to 371 and 397 finally choose 397cc but have been going crazy thinking about if its going to be too big , i want to achieve a full C small D I want to look natural and have cleavage but not be over the top big please help.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
You really need to go 100cc difference between implants for both the surgeon and the patient to notice a differece 

Not much of a difference

+1

there is not much of a difference between the 371 and 397 cc implant sizes - its a matter of just a few millimeters. Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Difference between Implants

+1

Thank you for your question. The difference is almost too small to observe.  Virtually the same, but  if you are asymmetrical, then using a larger one on the small side makes sense, but even a 30cc difference is small. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

There is not a big difference between 371 in 397 mL implants.

+1

When considering a breast augmentation this difference is almost negligible. If in doubt I would recommend you go with the larger prosthesis.

Calculate implant size

+1

If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  Unfortunately, you have not given us your size.  From this information, you can calculate the size implant that you require to achieve your desired goal of C or D.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What's the size difference from 371cc and 397cc implants?

+1

So many patients agonize over this decision every day, but it's a very small difference when you think about it this way.  The difference between a 371cc and 397cc implant is about 25cc and that amounts to about 5 teaspoons (not a very big difference).  Many patients also say that they wish they had gone a tiny bit larger after all is said and done.  Knowing that there will be a very slight noticeable difference, if any, you may consider going with the larger of the two implants just for peace of mind, knowing that you went with the larger of the two implants.  With that said, it's a personal decision that only you can make.  Follow your intuition and you won't go wrong. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a size for silicone breast implants

+1

Most people, at least in the US, don't have a gut feeling for what volume measured in the metric system is.  Therefore, I try to give a concrete example for my patients who agonize over the 25 cc difference between implants.  A shot glass is one ounce, and that is 30 cc.  Thus, the difference between a 371 cc implant and a 397 cc implant is very minimal, and I venture to say that it is small enough that probably even the most trained and experienced breast surgeons amongst us would likely have difficulty telling them apart, let alone the average person who normally doesn't look at breast implant volumes like that.  For most people it takes at least 100 cc to increase a cup size, and depending upon frame size and chest wall proportions it may even be more.  The best thing to do is to try on breast implant sizers in your surgeons office and see how the different sizes look on your body with your proportions and chest wall size.  That way you can really determine your preference in size based upon visual cues.  I hope that helps, good luck.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Breast implant size

+1

You seem to have picked a good size so do not worry about the number now. 30cc is one ounce so it is not really going to make a clinical difference which you pick.  Relax and Good luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

The difference between a 371 and 397 is 26cc.  A tablespoon is 15cc.  The difference is minor.  I would recommend the 397 if you are undecided.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

Don't make yourself crazy about these sizes - 30cc's is about a tablespoon of fluid - so go to your kitchen and look at how little fluid that is - it will ease your mind!  Almost ALL patients are worried about being too big before surgery and almost ALL patients wish they went bigger after surgery - across ALL types of patients (ethnicity, background, job, size they start with etc).  So I think you should go with your decision for the bigger size and then just get excited about how great you are going to look!  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon