Is there such thing as being too old for butt implants? (photo)

I am 53 yrs old, 5' 7" tall, and weigh 150 pounds. I am active, work out and walk and am healthy overall.

Is there such a thing as being too old for butt implants?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Age alone is not a contraindication to a surgical procedure. There are a few medical comorbidities that contribute to a higher risk during any surgical procedure including infections, wound complications, delayed wound healing, bleeding, anesthetic risks, etc. Factors such as diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart problems, lung problems, etc are more common in the elderly. However, if you are healthy, or these conditions are well-controlled, you would certainly still be a candidate for a surgical procedure. If your complaints or desires are great enough to consider the surgical option, I would seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your complaints and go over the options as well as risks and benefits of the procedure.

You should obtain medical clearance from your primary care physician that you are at an acceptable risk for undergoing a surgical procedure. For elective or aesthetic procedures, your surgeon may want to get you to a reasonable health status prior to consideration for a procedure. Discuss all of your medical comorbidities and medication with your surgeon prior and discuss these risks. Also, discuss this with your anesthesiologist as proper monitoring and medications will be watched closely. This procedure should still be very safe for you and hope for an uncomplicated course with an excellent result! Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Is there such thing as being too old for butt implants?

+1
   I perform both buttock implants and the Brazilian buttlift.  You are not too old for either provided you are otherwise healthy.  In patients who have fat to transfer, I would recommend the BBL over the buttock implants due to the  lower complication profile.

Butt Implants

+1
Age is not as important factor as medical condition when it comes to surgery.
The first two patients that I inserted buttock implants for were 60 year old twins.
Fat injection a.k.a. Brazilian Butt Lift is another option to consider for buttock augmentation.  Less risk and more affordable.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Age Limit for Buttock Implants?

+1
In general, as long as a patient is otherwise healthy and medically cleared for surgery, they may undergo just about any surgery including buttock implants.  I have performed buttock implants on several patients over 60 years old with results equivelant to much yournger patients.  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Buttock augmentation and age

+1

Your are not too old.  As long as you are healthy it shoudl be fine. You may be a good candidate for fat transfer.