Is there anything that I can do about an assymetrical nose? (Photo)

The apperance of my nose is something that I have struggled with my entire life. I've never really discussed it with anyone because it is such a sensitive subject for me but I'm more than ready to get this problem fixed and I need a doctors opinion! The bridge of my nose seems to be straight but my nostrils(?) are really asymmetrical. My nose seems to drag and is really flat on the left side of my face. I HATE it.

How to fix an asymmetrical nose

+1
Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty addressing your nasal asymmetries to complement your facial features with a natural look. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Nose Asymmetry

+1
Its very difficult to tell from the pictures submitted. However, always realize that symmetry in the human being does not exist. Consult a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery. Good luck

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Is there anything that I can do about an asymmetrical nose?

+1
I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. In general, a rhinoplasty can help restore symmetry to the nostrils. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1
I would have to see pictures that demonstrate the nostrils a little more clearly.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.