Are There Any Good Nose Job Alternatives?

I strongly prefer not having a nose job!  Yet, are there any viable alternatives to surgery?

Not getting a nose job and just having injectables

+2

There are many ways to shape and refine the nose using injectable fillers such as Radiesse and Hyaluronic Acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Hydrelle etc). However, it all depends on the aesthetics of your nose and in the ability of your surgeon to understand the subtle changes that can be made by using these fillers.

If the injection(s) are not placed in small amounts in the proper places, then your nose may look LESS refined and look BIGGER than it needs to, and in all the wrong places. In general, if you like the rhinoplasty results of your surgeon, and he offers fillers as an alternative, then you should get good results with that surgeon. However, do not take short cuts. When a rhinoplasty is suggested, think about it long and hard.

Lastly, fillers are temporary so you can try it and if repeat injections become a hassle then at that time maybe you will be ready for the rhinoplasty step.

I would also suggest that you choose a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon to perform your nasal fillers. This is a very specialized area of the face and is not as simple as injecting wrinkles.

Injectable nose job

+2

Injectables can be used for very specific purposes in changing the shape of one's nose so if you have a divot or a low point that would look better high (and that's not too close to the skin surface) then there are some fillers that you could have injected every 4-12 months, depending on the filling agent.

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Sometimes a short cut is a long cut

+2

There are really no alternatives to a rhinoplasty for most patients seeking nasal correction. Some lay press has discussed the use of fillers to augment the nose to fill out a nose. While this can be done with temporary fillers in trained hands in select noses, the use of permanent fillers and even longer lasting fillers such as Radiesse can lead to issues such as infection, granuloma formation.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Some nose shaping with fillers is possible

+2

There are alternatives to rhinoplasty depending on the type of aesthetic problems you have. The so-called "non-surgical" rhinoplasty involves adding fillers to the soft tissues of the nose to change its shape. This procedure should only be done by a trained rhinoplasty specialist.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, there is a non-surgical option to Rhinoplasty surgery – a non-surgical Rhinoplasty. During a non-surgical rhinoplasty, I inject a hylauronic acid filler (such as Restylane) into the nose to get the desired shape. All injections are performed with micro-cannulas, as opposed to needles. This approach dramatically reduces the chance of bruising. Treatment is relatively quick; results are seen immediately and last approximately 8-12 months. I recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon or dermatologist to determine if a non-surgical Rhinoplasty is a good option for you. Good Luck!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

The best alternative to surgery is a non surgical rhinoplasty using dermal fillers such as radiesse or juvederm.  It is a good option to care for nasal deformities such as humps, drooping tips, or sideways deviations of the top of the nose but patient selection is key.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

The use of injectable fillers does have some limited ability to alter nasal shapes. As you might guess, your results will be much less dramatic than if you had an actual rhinoplasty. However, one benefit of the non-surgical option is that if you don't like your result, it usually goes away over time. You and your surgeon would have to discuss your exact goals in order to determine whether or not the use of injectable fillers would be an option worth pursuing.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty can work

+1

Non surgical rhinoplasty can work if you have reasonable expectations from the procedure. Non surgical rhinoplasty can help smooth bumps on the dorsum of the nose. Non surgical rhinoplasty will not allow narrowing or refining of the nasal tip.

I think the best indication for non-surgical rhinoplasty by filler injections is treatment of irregularities on the dorsum of the nose following traditional rhinoplasty.

Maurice M. Khosh, MD

Rhinoplasty alternatives

+1

There really are no good alternatives to a rhinoplasty for improvment of the nasal appearance. If you have small irregularities, sometimes fillers can do the trick.

Nose reshaping without surgery

+1

The alternatives to surgery are injectable fillers (i.e., Radiesse, Perlane, Juvederm), usually for the nasal bridge and tip. These are temporary and last up to a year. Most patients that I do this for want to build up their bridge and don't want a permanent implant like medpor or their own rib. As a sculptor I know where to fill to make the nose look better; what I like about this technique is that it gives patients a preview of what their nose would like after rhinoplasty. At least half the patients decide to go through with the surgery when they see their results.

Ramtin Kassir, MD