Are There Any Alternatives to Ear Surgery, or Will There Be Any?

i know that for now there arent so much ways to pin ears back other than otoplasty.. but may i ask, in the near future, if there are any possibilities of devices being developed for those who dont want surgeries? any devices which can make flat cartileage folded permanently since there are already so much ways of doing surgeries(excising, stitching, etc) i desperately hope there will be a breakthrough that we can easily hold them by devices, not cutting our skins or stitching through our ears.

Ear surgery- non surgical approach

+1

Currently there are not any non-surgical approaches.  Keep in mind, that many experienced otoplasty surgeons can safely perform the procedure under local anesthesia with very little downtime.  

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives

+1

No break through procedures for otoplasty.  Surgical ear pinning is the treatment of choice for those who need otoplasty or otocosmey (Cosmetic Surgery of the pinna).

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is no device like what you describe at the present time and nothing I am aware of in development. In newborns it is possible to mold the ear non-surgically and have a permanent improvement in the ear shape. However, outside the newborn period the only option to change the ear shape is an otoplasty. There are many techniques available, some less invasive than others, but all involve surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/otoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives to Otoplasty

+1

The answer to your question is NO.  The only way to correct protruding ears is an otoplasty.  This procedure makes happy patients!  I would advise you to contact a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons ( ASPS) to discuss you concerns and expectations.  Best of luck to you!