Is There an Alternative to Tummy Tucks? (photo)

I started at 230lbs after having my last child and now I am down to 192 and am 5'6". I am in hopes to be able to be a good candidate soon for a tummy tuck. I would like to know if judging by my pictures, would I be a good candidate for a tummy tuck, or maybe soon? It is driving me crazy how much loose skin I have. So I just want to know how likely will I benefit on a tummy tuck now?

Tummy Tuck

+3

The first question you need to ask yourself is, what is my goal weight? Once you are 5 to 10 pounds to your goal weight you should start considering surgery.  By looking at the pictures, you currently seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction of flanks and back rolls. Your end results will be more dramatic if you had surgery after your weight loss.  Keep up the good work!!!

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Need a tummy tuck. / Necesita abdominoplastia

+3

Congratulations on the babies and losing the weight.  You will definitely get excellent results from a tummy tuck with liposuction.  Continue losing weight will make your results even better!

Best of luck and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Felicitaciones por los bebes y por bajar de peso. Usted puede tener excelentes resultados atraves de una abdominoplastia combinada con liposuccion. Siga bajando de peso y los resultados pueden ser todavia mejores!

Suerte y gracias por la pregunta.

Atentamente,

Anire Okapku MD

Tummy tuck candidate

+2

You appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.  There really is no other option other than removing the skin and tightening the muscles.  In my opinion, you will be happier and have better results if you are within 20 pounds of your ideal body weight.  Good luck!

Is There an Alternative to Tummy Tucks?

+2

Great posted photos. You know the answer! YES a full TUMMY TUCK with muscle repair is needed. Best to see in person a few boarded PSs in your city. 

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Once you have lost all the weight that you want and your weight is stable, a full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Am I a good candidate for a TT?

+2

Firts of all you should congratulate yourself for your 38 pound weight loss. At this point it appears from the photos that you would benefit from a TT. This procedure would remove the excess skin and fat from below your belly-button. Although you could have surgery now, I would suggest trying to lose another 20-25 pounds which could help you get even a better result. good luck!

Web reference: http://drlefkovits.com

Tummy tuck now or after more weight loss? (photo)

+2

The stronger, more patient, and more mentally disciplined you are, the better final result you will have.  Your accomplishment will be more based upon attitude, lifestyle change, and mental well being than physical effort.  Your body is the only one you have, think like a professional athlete.  Maintain and extend your weight reduction, and when you've lost another twenty or thirty pounds, closer to your ideal, DON'T get your tummy tuck right away, but MAINTAIN your weight for a while, with your good eating and fitness habits.  Remember, you are training, and need to be fit.  If you ARE fit, you will LOOK fit.  The tummy tuck takes ONE DAY, your weight control and maintenance is LIFELONG.  If you can maintain your weight at a healthy level, benefits experienced for your entire life.  If you gain weight after tummy tuck, you will lose the result, and you will NOT BE HAPPY.  Focus on being a mom, your career, and other aspects in your life, not on food.  Kick it girl, you can do it. 

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Tummy Tuck Now?

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss.  It is now time for a tummy tuck, or an extended tummy tuck with liposuction.  A tummy tuck will get rid of the fold of skin and fat in your upper abdomen; get rid of all the loose stretched marked skin from your belly button to your pubic hair; reposition your belly button to smooth, more attractive skin; tighten your loose abdominal muscles; but most importantly, it will raise your self-esteem and give you that positive extra push to help you lose the rest of the weight and regain your pre-pregnancy body.  If the reclamation of your body was a football game, then this is the halftime, and the tummy tuck will be the pep talk that you need at this point. 

I would begin your surgery with your laying on your abdomen and with significant liposuction of your flanks (muffin tops).  This would then identify if you needed an extended tummy tuck, a lower body lift, or just a tummy tuck with liposuction.  I would then turn you over and complete the abdominoplasty.

A consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will give you the necessary information you are looking for.  In my opinion, you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction.  GO FOR IT!

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck alternatives

+2

It is impressive that you managed to lose all that weight with dieting. You are on the right track. I think you are a good candidate for tummy tuck. It will remove the excess skin, tighten the muscles, gives you a sharper waist and redo your umbilicus. Not only before surgery you have to maintain an ideal weight but also after the surgery. This will maintain the shape and ensure longevity of the results. 

I also advise you to see a beard certified plastic surgeon for your surgery. Look at his/her before and after photos and see what your shape is going to be after the surgery. Tummy tuck is a very rewarding procedure. I wish you all the best.

Alternative to Tummy Tuck?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You should feel very proud of your accomplishment with the weight loss;  keep on going until you feel that you have reached a long-term stable weight.  At that point, you will be a good candidate for tummy tuck or extended tummy tuck surgery.  There is no good alternative.  

When the time is right, meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals.  Considering that the tummy talk operation is a major operation associated with significant physical and emotional “ups and downs” after surgery, you may find the following words of advice helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.
5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm