Is There an Age Requirement for a Fat Grafting Procedure?

I have decided to have the fat grafting to buttocks procedure done and I wanted to know if there was a minimum age requirement like there is for silicone breast implants.

Brazilian Buttlift and Age

+1

If you are 18, you could be considered for Brazilian buttlift.  Please find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

No age requirement

+1

Though there is no age requirement for fat transfer procedures, unless you are over 18 years old, you will need parental consent.

The more important factor in deciding the timing of the surgery is to be at a stable weight when you have surgery.

If you are at your absolute thinnest when you  have surgery, it is possible as you gain weight to your baseline level, then the grafted fat will also enlarge and possibly change the contouring. The opposite is also true, in that if you have the grafting when you are at your largest, you will lose volume as you lose weight.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Age Requirement for a Fat Grafting

+1

Hi,

I think for any aesthetic surgery at least a person should be 18 years old not only to sign concent forms but also to have completed most of the general growth of body .

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

No age requirement for fat grafting but...

+1

While there are no age requirements for fat grafting to the buttocks, most plastic surgeons would still want a patient to be 18 or older so they can give their own consent as an adult for this very elective procedure.

I would also recommend you wait until your body is done developing which is usually sometime after the age of18.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Minimum age for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

You should be at least 18 before considering fat grafting to the buttocks, or any other cosmetic surgery procedure.

Andrew Jimerson, MD