Are There Additional Costs Other Than the Cost for Veneers and Crowns?

A previous dentist charged me $2400 a tooth in NYC (4 teeth). Now I am having the work done in a smaller market he is charging me $400 to design the case, $400 per temp, $2000 per veneer and $2250 per crown. Do dentist typically charge for design and temp work? Is it usually included in the price of the veneer and crown? If you add this all up and divide it comes out to $2562.50. He knows how much I paid before so I think he might be taking advantage but I want to know what you guys say.

Porcelain Veneer Fees

+1

There are several ways that a dental office can summarize their fees to give you a total cost for their services.  Our fees are pretty simple.  We charge a veneer fee per tooth and we charge a fee for a mock wax-up of your case prior to starting.  This allows us to make you temporary veneers that look and feel natural.  The only other fees are if a patient chooses oral sedation.  Hope this helps.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Additional Costs Besides Veneers and Crowns

+1

A dentist hasthe right to break down his fees for service any way he likes. Most usually give you a single fee per tooth which includes the design and temporary fee.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist