Is There an Acupuncture Face Lift?

I keep hearing about an acupuncture facelift. Does this really exist or is it a marketing name for something entirely different?

Results subtle, at best.

+3

An acupuncture facelift is a technique performed by an acupuncturist (naturally). The idea is that by inserting needles into specific points on the face, the nerves and muscles will be stimulated to create a lift. I think that usually there are 10 - 20 treatments.

I have seen the results from this and, even to the trained eye, the results are barely perceptible, at best. To the untrained eye, one might not notice any difference at all.

I suggest you take the money you might have spent on the acupuncture facelift and use it toward Botox or fillers, which are tried and true cosmetic interventions with definite results.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Acupuncture Facelift

+2

There is no such thing as an acupuncture facelift. It is purely a marketing technique and marketing ploy. There is no science behind an acupuncture facelift. This, along with other marketing techniques are used often by non board certified plastic surgeons.

Acupuncture Face Lift?

+2

The existence and potential benefits of an acupuncture face lift is debatable. While I have not seen the benefits, proponents of the procedure believe in it.  They believe that Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can provide a safe, effective, natural, and drug-free approach to reduce the signs of aging. A face-lift using this ancient technique is believed by these advocates for the procedure to improve muscle tone of the face and neck while addressing underlying imbalances that may have contributed to the aging process.

Again, the actual value of the procedure is debatable.

Acupuncture face lift

+1

I have never seen a result that is worthwhile having needles stuck in my face.  stick to (get it?)  fillers and well planned procedures done by people trained to do them. good luck

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Accupuncture Facelift is a Red Flag

+1

Does this pass the smell test? Not for most of us, I hope that all potential cosmetic surgery patients will look at procedures such as this with great concern. The same rules apply for anything that sounds too good to be true. Consumers need to question these types of practitioners and evaluate real patients, ask for names and pictures of people who have had these types of treatments. Do not fall for photo shopped pictures provided by equipment manufacturers also. Good Luck

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Acupuncture Facelift or Wallet Biopsy?

+1

Acupuncture Facelift?  The two words don't belong together in a sentence.  Anyone who advertises an "acupuncture Facelift" is interested in one thing:  how to take your money.  This is also affectionately termed a "wallet biopsy".  Buyer beware.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon