Is There a Way to Actually Change the Lip Shape?

hi i'm just curious about changing the shape of my upper lip. i always see lip enhancement as in making the lips bigger or a lip lift which is lifting it up, but never changing the shape. i dont want to make my upper lip bigger in size, just change the shape of it. my upper lip has a wavy pattern that sits on my lower lip, i was looking to see if it was possible to straighten it out so that i have more defined lips. can i change the shape of the upper lip? do surgeons perform this procedure? :)

Lip Shape

+1

Injectables can be used to augment the lips and/or enhance the shape of the lips.  It is recommended to be evaluated and discuss concerns with your physician.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Changing the shape of your lip

+1

You do not need to go under the knife to have the shape of your lip changed. Hyaluronic acid fillers are a great non-surgical approach to augmenting the shape of your lip. I would recommend Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero. If you are still unsatisfied with the shape of your lip after a non-surgical approach, you always have the option of surgery.

H. Michael Roark, MD

Lip Augmentation

+1

Dear hot_n_cold2013,

• Yes, fillers can be used to change the lip shape
  • See an experienced injector to see what your options are
  • And yes, plastic surgeons do perform these procedures

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Changing the shape of the upper lip

+1

Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero are the best options for enhancing lips. They can be used to increase or replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon