Is there anything I can do to treat the acne scarring and red marks on my body? (photos)

I've been dealing with acne for years. My dermatologist has told me there's pretty much nothing I can do about the scars and marks left behind on my body. I just want to know if there's anything that could significantly help me and how would I go about it (assuming there is)?

Treating Acne Scars on the Body

+1
The same lasers that I utilize for treating acne scars on the face I use on the body.  For simple redness, the V-Beam is highly effective.  For deeper scars, I use both the Fraxel (1550) and the Ematrix Laser depending on skin type.  Both Lasers take approximately 4 to 5 treatments scheduled approximately one month apart.  I have had amazing results with both lasers for acne scars both on the face and the body.  Please find and experienced Dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers for the best result.

Treat Acne Scarring and Redness on the Face, Neck, Hands, Arms and Chest

+1
Thank you for your question. At my practice, I have gotten excellent results for scarring with Fraxel. This treatment eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers,
redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Daniel Shapiro, MD