Is There Any Accurate Computer Imaging to Plan out my Extreme Makeover?

I am thinking of getting an extreme makeover consisting of a nose job,hair transplant/hairline lowering,lip reduction,brow bone reduction,cheek,jaw or chin implants so i have a more defined jawline. obviously there is going to be a big change in my face and i want to get a rough idea of how i would look after these proceedures? p.s i am not planning on getting all this done in one operation.

Computer imaging

+2

Computer imaging is something that I do not offer. I think it gives a result that may or may not be achieved in the operating room.  There are alot of things that can be done on computer, but because of the underlying anatomy cannot be achieved surgically.

I personally do not like computer imaging.

+2

I have great respect for my patients and I do everything I can to help them understand what surgery may do for them.  However, the one thing I don't do is computer imaging.  I feel this is often used to entice people into having surgery.  Will they look exactly like the before and after image?  Well, I operate using a scalpel and occasionally a laser.  Perhaps if I used photoshop during surgery, I would be more open to using photoshop to imply how someone might look after surgery.  However, because I don't operate with photoshop, I don't believe that it is appropriate to use this as a marketing tool.  I do agree with the concern that no matter what it says in the paper work that the computer generated image is not a guarantee of how you will look after surgery, the reality is that is what the images imply.  The reality is not no one can precisely guarantee the effects of surgery.  Other out there may disagree with this opinion.

Extreme makeover.

+2

Extreme makeover an be done for you by my son who is a computer wiz. He knows nothing about plastic surgery. Select an experienced plastic surgeon who does natural results!

Computer imaging and surgical planning

+2

Some doctors love this, and some not so much.

I personally don't care for this as it tends to mislead the patient and the doctor.  It tends to either over or under promise an end result, resulting in disappointment.

Some computer programs will let you morph yourself (Wacom Bamboo tablets for example, or Adobe Photoshop).  This can give you a general idea, but ultimately, the tissues do not behave like pixels, and healing isn't something we can completely control.

One step at a time is a good idea.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD