I am a 19 year old male and I have been contemplating getting Rhinoplasty. Am I a candidate? (photos)

I feel that my nose lacks definition and is very bulbous in shape. The bridge of my nose also seems fairly wide. I was wondering how a plastic surgeon would go about correcting this.

Rhinoplasty

+2
You seem to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Most of your issues look like it occurs in the tip with a flat bulbous tip that could benefit from tip narrowing and improvement of the projection.

Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+2
You are physically an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. You can decrease the width of your entire nose, increase projection, and improve definition.

Rhinoplasty

+2
I think you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.I think your tip region would need to be addressed.Without good photos and an examination it is difficult to comment further.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Cosmetic Nasal Tip Issues

+2
I would agree that the predominant issue with your nose relates to the tip region. I would likely recommend an open rhinoplasty with repositioning and reshaping of the tip cartilage to try and create a more defined looking nose. You may or may not also need some bridge reshaping at the same time to make things appear more harmonious. Make sure you consult with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am a 19 year old male and I have been contemplating getting Rhinoplasty. Am I a candidate?

+2
Yes, you are a candidate for rhinoplasty surgery.  You would need the tip to be thinned and refined and the bridge to also be addressed. 

Nose Analysis

+1
You are correct in your analysis.
Tip is droopy (Columellar retraction)
Wide nose (Wide tip and upper 1/2)
Lack of tip definition (bulbous tip)

PLAN:

Cephalic trim of lower lateral cartilages
Columellar strut
Interdomal suture
Alar wedge resections
Low lateral osteotomies and infracture
Plumping graft in the nasal spine area

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing of  the wide bulbous tip with  closed rhinoplasty techniques. The tip cartilages are best narrowed with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. Cartilage removal is also necessary in some patients. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow  the wide set nasal bones. The rhinoplasty  is performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.
For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo  Gallery

+1
    I would refine your tip and elevate the tip along with narrowing the bridge.  This can be performed with a closed rhinoplasty without any visible scars.  This will produce a very nice  and natural improvement.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Rhinoplas

+1
Dear Liam, Yes you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. A consultation and direct examination will provide the proper surgical plan for you. During my consultations I use a digital imaging computer which allows the patient to see their proposed surgical result. This would be helpful for you to visually see what the changes would look like. See an expert in rhinoplasty surgery and best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD