What can I do to help my implants to drop? (photos)

I have 325cc & 350cc Natrelle style 20 hoping for a full C cup from an A cup. I like the overall appearance of my breasts but they are very full on top. I am really thin 5'6" and 116lbs before BA 26.5" ribcage and 10.5 BWD. I have really tight skin and my implants sit too high after 2 months. I would love the size if they had an inch more projection. I think if they were lower, I would see more fullness. What can I do to help them drop more?

How to get breast implants to drop

+1
Thank you for your question and photo.  You have a very nice result early after your breast augmentation.

Your implants can continue to drop for several more months.

In my experience breast implant displacement exercises, vigorous pectoralis muscle contraction exercises, and a pole wraps HELP the implants drop. 

Please see her plastic surgeon for an examination to make sure your implants are soft, movable and there is no evidence a capsular contraction.

Implants will settle down over time

+1
You have a nice result.  It helps to walk and swing your arms back and forth.  This helps the muscle stretch out over the implant. 

Implant position

+1
Based on your photos, it appears you have a very nice result.   You are only 2 months postop.  Depending on the technique, it can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months for implants to "settle".  In terms of size, there are limitations on how much projection on can't obtain based on your preoperative anatomy.   Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implants likely won't drop much more

+1
Thanks for your question. In the limited photos it appears that you have a great result. If your surgeon completely released the muscle inferiorly then you just have to see how much the overall pocket will accommodate/stretch. You are only 2 months and so this has not completely happened. I do think massage is helpful. Wearing a bra while exercising is important. You don't however otherwise need a lot of support and this might help the stretching. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Re: What can I do to help my implants to drop?

+1

Thank you for your question and images.

It appears from your images that you are symmetrical, and healing well. 

As far as additional settling I feel that in most cases the majority of the settling typically occurs over the initial 2 to 3 months.  In some cases I recommend tissue massage (particularly in cases of persistent asymmetry) to enhance the settling. 

I would suggest that you discuss your concern with your surgeon to assure that you are doing the most to optimize your result/healing.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,

S. P. Maggi, MD, FACS
drmaggi.com
Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Sergio P. Maggi, MD

Post op questions

+1
Thank you for your question. From your photo it appears you got great results. You are only 2 months out so I would suggest you give it a little more time and let gravity work for you. if you are still not satisfied after another month or so, consult your physician to see if there is anything that can be done to correct the issue. It takes time for healing and everybody is different. Good luck

Sumanth Pagadala, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant Drop

+1
Congratulations on your nice results, i will recommend you to wait, let gravity do its job, its too soon to see a final result, and i consider your result a really good one, knowing its only 2 month post op.

Luis Redondo, MD

Post Op Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation and healing.
Healing takes more time than people expect and it can be discouraging.
  • You are still swollen and things take time to heal. Usually it takes up to three months for the implants to settle down. As the swelling goes away, the implant softens and looks more natural.
  • You will need at least six months to see your final result. 
  • If you have serious concerns, it is important to see your plastic surgeon because she/he knows exactly what was done for you.

Best Wishes.
EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Could my breast implant/s be bottoming out?

+1
To me it maybe too late for more decent of your implants. But ONLY IN PERSON examination allows that decision....