Is It Possible to Get the Look I Want?

I'm a droopy D cup (stage 2 ptosis I believe).I want my boobs to look like I've had a boob job from an A cup cos I like the full,round,perky look.Because I had had a baby and my skin is allready stretched and loose I'm worried that implants wud just re-droop or not look full and round enough cos I allready have a fair bit of breast tissue (although not much at the top of my boobs).I cant see how I would get the look I want.I only want to be about a DD and I dont want my boobs to rest on my ribs.

Attaining the shape and look you want in breast augmentation- subfascial placement

+4

The great news is that although you feel that your breasts are very droopy, they are simply deflated.  You do not have grade 2 ptosis.  You ABSOLUTELY should not have a breast lift as your nipple position is very good.  It appears that your left nipple is 1 cm lower than the right but this discrepancy would not be noticeable with a good breast augmentation.  This also means that you can have beautiful perky breasts without placing any scars on your breasts!  As far as the picture you posted, I think you should hope for a better result.  If you look at the woman's breasts you will notice that she has complete flatness of the central and upper chest, no upper pole fullness and she has an excessively low inframammary fold.  This picture appears to be dual-plane subpectoral placement in which the muscle tone creates the unnatural appearance that I just described.  Unfortunately the continued muscular action causes further decent and lateral displacement of the implants as there is no support for the implants and constant variable force from the muscle.  I would strongly recommend a transaxillary subfascial augmentation with silicone gel implants to create scarless breasts with a beautiful perky tear-drop shape that have internal support to protect them from the above described aging forces.  You are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation. 

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

High profile round implants for upper pole fullness.

+3

Dear Bonbonita,

It is always helpful to have photographs showing the look that you are after.  It is difficult to give advice based on a single photograph, without a full examination, but I think that it would be possible to acheive a result in line with what you are after.  You would need a reasonably high profile round implant to give the upper pole fullness that you lack and this would increase your cup size to possibly larger than a DD.  I would try to avoid the extra scarring associated with a mastopexy if I could, but again, this would be easier to judge following an examination.

Look for a plastic surgeon on the BAAPS or BAPRAS website and preferably one who specialises in breasts and good luck.  Jonathan Staiano.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Upper pole fullness in breast augmentation

+2

Hi Bonbonita!  Your photos are helpful. You have alot of your own breast tissue so a full augmentation for you is reasonable. Though upper pole fullness is often a strong desire, it is not always achievable, or sustainable. Fortunately there are a variety of breast implants styles that we have available to choose from in order to help you  attain your goal. A modest breast lift might also be required in order to help you achieve that perkiness that you seem to desire. Keep in mind that the larger and fuller you go with breast augmentation, the more difficult it may be to maintain long lasting perkiness.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

The Look You Want, Breast Implants

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos.  When you get a breast augmentation, they will be your breasts bigger. 

Other things can be done such as nipple adjustment, breast lift, etc.; but you won't have the look of the photo that you showed because your measurements and proportions are different from the desired photo you posted. You're not the same girl.

I'm not saying you can't get a good result. I'm simply saying not to expect a specific result from a photo. That is a set up for disappointment.

In getting breast implants, they will be your breasts but bigger.  Get a consultation from a reputable, board-certified plastic surgeon, more than one, and listen to their advice. Good Luck. I hope you get a great result.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

You can get improvement and close to what you want!

+2

Bringing photos to your consultation that show what you are hoping for is a helpful exercise. This allows your surgeon to see your desired outcome and also allows them to evaluate how realistic you are.

You have a very natural breast shape that has deflated and descended. You also have asymmetries of your breasts - nipple height, amount of droop and width of your breasts all appear to be different. However, your differences are not severe and an augmentation likely would restore a rounder, fuller and more youthful breast shape on both sides. A nipple lift on your left breast would improve symmetry but is not essential.

Now for some "harsh" reality. The breast shapes that you like are on a patient with a very different physique. This patient has larger round appearing implants and likely had little natural breast tissue to start with, better skin tone and less asymmetries to start with. Desiring a DD final breast shape is easy to achieve in the short term, but larger implants will increase your risk of complications including earlier droopiness occurring.

You may not be able to achieve exactly what you want, but if you can understand what is possible with your body and your tissues there is no reason that you would not be happy with cosmetic breast surgery. Consider a goal of restoring a younger, fuller, more uplifted and youthful shape to your breasts with some persistence of your mild asymmetries. When you are ready to accept these goals - go for it!

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

How will my breasts look with implants

+2

You will not look exactly like the result you post, because your starting breasts and chest are not like hers, but you will nonetheless end up with fantastic augmented breasts.  You're not as lean, and waist not as narrow, your breasts are transversely oriented elliptically shaped to start with (not round), and your shoulders and chest appear broad, while hers are less so.  Getting high or full profile round implants will approximate that look.  Biodimensional (Allergan style 363 or style 410) can give you very high profile and preserve your breast shape, which is very nice.  Your breasts go well with your body.  I would just try to get a good augmentation that fits YOU.  Your breasts are not ptotic based on the photo on the left, and if you get a wide, high profile implant, it should fill your skin envelope well enough to be DD and keep breasts off of your ribs.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast implants

+2

Thanks for the photos. First, you have some asymmetry to start with and may need a slight lift of the areola to compensate.  An in office exam would be critical because getting the result you are looking for really depends upon your skin laxity, among other things.

Breast Augmentation Results?

+2

Thank you for the question, pictures,  and description of your goals.

I would prefer to see your breast  picture from the side view (or examine young person. However, based on your description  of your current breast situation ( ptosis, stretched and loose etc.)   and  description of your goals (full and round and not resting on my ribs),  I think you would benefit from breast lifting as well as breast augmentation. It would be best to do this procedure when you are at a stable weight (you may be there already) .

As you consult with surgeons you will find there is some disagreement whether the breast augmentation/breast lifting should be done in a single or a two-stage fashion...

This is not a question agreed-upon by all plastic surgeons. There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.

The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increase with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.

In my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).

Conversely, if I see a patient who requires minimal to moderate lifting along with a small to moderate size augmentation (and has good skin quality), then doing the procedure one stage is much safer. Nevertheless, the potential risks  are greater with a 1 stage  procedure and the patient does have a higher  likelihood of needing revisionary surgery.

Achieving a Full, Round Shape with Breast Implants

+1

Hi there-

Without a formal examination, it would be impossible to say for certain, but based on your photograph and the photo of your goal, I do think that the shape and appearance you desire would be possible for you...

It is more difficult (if not impossible) to say whether the corresponding size would be exactly what you want, however.

Please take a look at the photo you are directed to by this link for a situation similar to your own:

Armando Soto, MD

Desire of very round breasts in the face of drooping

+1

More photographic views would be necessary to definitively determine your situation. However, it does appear that you would need a lift in addition to a breast augmentation. High profile silicone implants can provide you a look somewhat like the photo that you provided. However, you would also have the additional scars associated with a mastopexy. Furthermore, given the nature of your tissues as described and somewhat visualized and the very large implant size that you are seeking, your breasts won't maintain this shape for very long - they will relentlessly and somewhat rapidly droop and stretch out.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD