Is the Volume from Radiesse or Sculptra? (photo)

Last year I recieved 3 sculptra treatments, 1 vial each and was due for a 4th treatment in January. I was dissapointed at the lack of results and decided to go with radiesse instead, I was treated with 2 vials. I am planning to go for a touch up soon and was comparing pictures from 2011 and today and noticed the significant difference. I was curious if any of the volume I have now is from the sculptra or just from the radiesse? When I go back, I want to get the best filler for the best results?

Updated: Is the Volume from Radiesse or Sculptra? (Update with More Pics)

Filler Questions re: Sculptra and Radiesse

+2

Sculptra and Radiesse are fundamentally different products.  As suggested by others, your nice results are likely the result of a combination.  I often inject Sculptra as a "base" in the outside part of the cheeks where many filler products seem to "disappear" when injected.  Once the sculptra base is established, other products that would otherwise not have been as effective can by layered on top of the sculptra, using it like a supportive "backing". and producing excellent results.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra and Radiesse

+1

It is difficult to say as your results are most likely due to the combination of treatments that you have had so far.  Results from Sculptra may last 2-3 years while results from Radiesse may last up to a year.   

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

My guess is the combination afforded you the nice result. Can not determine which gave you the better result> 

Treated with Radiesse and Sculptra

+1

It would be helpful to see pictures of you with your face at rest (not smiling) before the Sculptra, after the Sculptra and after the Radiesse.  I would say that most likely, that you may have some volume from both the Radiesse and the Sculptra present.  Results from Sculptra can last 2-4 years, while the results from Radiesse usually do not last more than a year.  Radiesse will definitely give you more immediate results than Sculptra however.  Both products should be able to give you more volume, but the effects will remain differently, as stated above.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon