Whats the Most Vertical Projection a Chin Implant Can Give?

I need a chin implant but I need some vertical projection too. I have heard of sliding genioplasty but If I have that I think it's more expensive than a chin implant so what is the most projection a chin implant can give?

What's the most vertical projection a chin implant can give?

+1

This can vary depending on the implant used, as there are many options available. During a consultation, your prospective surgeon can examine your facial structure and determine what type of implant would best suit your needs and give you the outcome you are looking for. He or she may use computer imaging software, which will help give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Chin implant vertical projection

+1

Chin  implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes in each one gives different results. The primary goal of a chin implant is to give forward projection. The secondary goal of a chin implant is to give a mild amount of vertical height and lateral width. A chin implant is placed under local anesthesia directly over the bone. For a patient  who needs a lot of vertical height, a sliding genioplasty would be the better option.

Vertical Projection of Chin Implant

+1

Please post pictures to give an idea of your current anatomy.  Although a chin implant can be manipulated to give vertical change, it is clearly more amenable to creating projection change perpendicular to that plane.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Vertical Projection of Chin Implant

+1

There are many different sizes and shapes of implants to meet the needs of most patients. A sliding genioplasty is a better choice for some people with more severe projection or contour problems but this is a bigger operation with extended recovery. I need pictures to make recommendations for you.

Chin implants and vertical height.

+1

Morning,

Chin augmentation with chin implants can work well if you don't need a lot.  People ask about type of implants, size, etc.  It really may depend largely on you and your anatomy.  What type of angle does your jawline take, what's your bite like, etc.  Basically, yes, you can give some vertical height with a chin implant.  Just position the implant on the lower edge of the chin and jaw and use say a standard extended anatomical implant or maybe a Mittleman.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vertical projection from a chin implant

+1

There are many different brands, styles, and sizes of chin implants.  The type of implant used is normally decided upon at the time of consultation so that your face can be evaluated and a determination can be made as to which implant would fit your face the best.  The vertical height of the implants can all vary, depending on the size and shape that is used.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon