Can the V-Y method be applied on female genitals following a botched trim method labiaplasty? (photos)

Can the V-Y method in plastic surgery be performed on the soft tissue of the vagina to fix a missing segment of 3cm in one of the inner lips? The surgery was performed by a gynaecologist a year ago using the laser trim method. A revision surgery seems almost impossible per consultation with 2 certified plastic surgeons. The V-Y method per one of them could provide some xtra tissue to try to fill the missing part and make both lips as even as possible. Any feedback/proposals would be appreciated.
Updated from this question.

Can V-Y method be used for a botched labiaplasty?

+2
I reviewed your photos. You really don't have enough remaining tissue to eliminate the deformity with a simple V-Y advancement.  I think you have enough tissue to significantly improve the deformity with a clitoral hood flap from the left side of the hood.   That in association with partial excision of the defect and advancement of the remaining tissue should make you much better. I invented the clitoral hood flap about five years ago and have done it about 40 times, usually with excellent results.   I published this technique in the prestigious plastic surgery journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" two years ago.

Revision of labiaplasty

+2
HI,
I am sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience with your labiaplasty. From the pictures it does appear that your left side is deficient in the central area of the labia minora. While I can not tell for sure, it seems that you have some tissue remaining superiorly around the clitoral hood and inferiorly toward the base of the vagina, and it might be possible to advance both sides toward the center to give you a more even contour. At the same time a central wedge could be removed form the other side to make the two sides similar in appearance. I would need to see you in person to truly tell whether this is possible.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty Revision

+1
Any type of revision surgery is always more difficult when you are trying to replace something after too much has been removed. However, based on your photos it appears that there is some remaining labia minora adjacent to the hood of the clitoris which could be advanced downward to replace some of the missing tissue. I think it would help but there would be limits on how much it could be advanced. Good luck

Joseph Fata, MD