What is the Typical Lower Pole Measurement for a D Plus or DD?

My lower pole is 8.5 cm on the right and 7.5 on the left. I am only two weeks post op. I had a revision to change my implants from 325cc saline unders to 550cc silicone (gummy bear) unders. I'm concerned that my right breast is beginning to bottom out.

Bottoming Out of Breast Implants?

+1

It would be in your best interest to be examined by your plastic surgeon to evaluate the existence of “bottoming out” of the breast implants.

One of the most common complications after breast augmentation surgery is implant mal-position. This occurs when the implant is in an incorrect position on the chest wall. This may include incorrect position of the implant superiorly (“riding high”), inferiorly (“bottoming out”), medially (“symmastia or uni-boob”) or laterally (falling outward into the axilla).

Bottoming out involves inferior migration of the implants. This causes the nipple areola complex to appear too high on the breasts. Also, the distance from the areola to the inframammary fold is too great. This is corrected by “raising” the inframammary fold using internal sutures. This is done after careful measurements are made from the areola to the “new” inframammary fold.

Concerned about bottoming out two weeks post surgery

+1

Unfortunately  Lori, using just measurements without any photos makes it  very difficult  if not impossible to give any meaningful answer to your question.  I would suggest that you discuss this issue with your surgeon and if you are not happy with his/her explanation then by all means seek a secondary consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon.     Dr Donald Brown.

Donald M. Brown, MD

Concern about bottoming out of breast 2 weeks post implant exchange

+1

Without photos, it is difficult to provide you with accurate information regarding your situation. Nevertheless, at only 2 weeks, you are not necessarily going to experience substantial stretching of the tissues yet though in time such may be the case particularly if your skin is thin and has poor elasticity.

To possibly obtain a more exact answer or explanation of your situation, you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Large breast implants bottom out

+1

It sounds like you created the problem by putting in that large an implant. Implants are not really attached to the body so gravity pulls on them causing the bottoming out phenomenon. The bigger the implant the greater the tendency to bottom out.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD