Is the typical cost for laser liposuction worth the swelling, constriction garment wearing and cost?

Never say never! 50 and considering laser liposuction at $5000. Have packed on 42 lbs in 2 years and really dislike my appearance. Havent been this heavy since I was 9 months pregnant- 22 years ago! I am on this site for advice and opinions. I'm in the Houston area.

Liposuction and overweight

Liposuction is not an answer for weight loss. If you gained 42 lbs then I suggest you diet and exercise first.

You will have to make that decision. If you provide pictures, your candidacy for the procedure could be assessed to some degree. Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA