Who is the Best Type of Physician to Do Leg Vein Removal?

I have small veins in my thigh area and lower leg,what type of doctor is best used to treat these veins.

Doctor Answers (3)

Varicose vein treatment and the American Board of Phlebology

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vein surgery and vein laser should be performed by a diplomate of the American Board of Phlebology, the major body that regulates treatment of vein disorders. 

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 57 reviews

Seek a vein specialist for varicose veins, spider veins and venous insufficiency treatments - Buffalo Niagara, NY

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is best to seek a specialist who has certification from the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine.

It is also best to seek a physician who is board certified in general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, vascular surgery, dermatology, plastic surgery ... 

Someone who deals with a large number of vein patients and who has experience in more than one treatment should help you appreciate that not every patient is treated with the same technology.

I have at least three different ablation techniques to treat venous insufficiency - VNUS Closure, EVLT, ClariVein and also chemical ablation. 

Also choose a vein specialist who does microphlebectomy, traditional and foam sclerotherapy, who has experience with surgical treatments for perforator venous disease and has several lasers to treat reticular and spider veins. 

I hope this helps.

Best Type of Physician to Do Leg Vein Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. I recommend you see a Vascular surgeon, and they will do a complete vein analysis if appropriate.  They are the experts in this field. If you have small superficial veins that are cosmetic in nature, you may seek the advice of a board certified dermatologist with expertise in leg vein treatments. I hope this helps.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.