Why Do the Two Sides of my Buttock Lift Appear to Belong to Two Different Individuals? (photo)

The surgeon who performed this procedure said the rh side needed time to settle. I monitored my progess photographically over the course of 29-30 weeks noting no change from week 8 to week 30. These images were taken at week 29. Any ideas on what could have happened?

Buttock Lift Sides are Different

+1

If the two sides are different, it would be important to examine you now and to look at preoperative photographs as well as to know what was done during the operation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD HughesPlasticSurgery Los Angeles, CA

Malposition

+1
It is unclear specifically what procedure you had done with your  body lift...fat transfer, implant or autologous tissue.   The tissue or device is malpositioned on the right side.  Revision would be indicated to improve the result.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift

+1

Your pictures seem to be of a lower body lift.

The buttocks are not symmetrical and seems that the surgeon may have used a local flap to augment the buttock, but the flap is too high. This is not going to change after 30 weeks.

One need to read the operative note and see what was really done and plan a correction procedure.