Will the tummy tuck scar rise while healing? (photo)

Unfortunately i have quite low ribs and not much extra skin above my belly button that can be stretched down, so I will need to have a slight curve in my scar above my pubic area or inverted t scar which I really didn't want. So when the body is healing with the tension of the two parts of skin being pulled together can the scar line rise? if i have a slight curve when the tension pulls the scar upwards it would be even more noticeable

Tummy tuck scars vary considerably by surgeon

+1

and there are many on this site that are way to high... but some people pick high scars to avoid the vertical scar if your belly button cannot be pinched to your pubic area. My scar usually start 5-6 cm above the genitals, cutting through the mons and none of my patients have complained of a scar too high.

Tummy Tuck scar position

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. From the appearance of your abdominal skin I do not think you will have a problem with the position of your tummy Tuck scar. Typicallythe tummy Tuck scar rises minimally under normal circumstances.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Will the tummy tuck scar rise while healing?

+1

Based upon the posted photo I think/believe you will have no issue in obtaining a low place incision..

Tummy tuck scar

+1

Yes the scar can stretch and hypertrophy if the tension is high,but let your PS do the marking and decision making,he is a professional and will deliver the best results.

Thangavel Ayyappan, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck scar

+1

Dear AllyHam,

A tummy tuck scar can rise a bit during the healing process if the tension pulling up is more than the strength of the tissues pulling down. I would personally put the incision as low as you can possibly go. I am often surprised how much the abdominal skin can stretch. Also, a small vertical incision, if needed, is not a big deal and often imperceptible.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck scar

+1

In general, the tummy tuck scar remains quite low - I always plan it so that if possible it can be covered by one's underwear.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+1

The scar should be placed as low as possible.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.