Can you get a tt and a bbl at the same time, how hard is the healing process?

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Buttlift Recovery

+2

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Buttlift can be performed at the same time.  However, recovery presents problems.  The tummy tuck recovery is most comfortable on your back not your stomach.  The Brazilian buttlift is best on your stomach to prevent pressure on the transferred fat.

Tummy tuck and a Brazilian buttock lift together.

+2

This is a nice combination for surgery because of the advantages of borrowing the fat from the abdomen and transposing to the buttocks. However, from a recovery standpoint, it is very difficult as the postoperative instructions for each are counter to each other. Performing the BBL first then the tummy tuck allows for an easier postoperative routine.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and A Brazilian Butt Lift-Together?

+2

Dear Tootieslm,  This is a frequently requested combination and one that yields very good results in the right patient, that is a patient who has enough fatty tissue in the abdomen, flanks(love handles), thighs, and other sites to provide enough fat for transfer.  When a tummy tuck and a BBL are combined, the recovery is a bit different than either a TT or a BBL alone.  Move time will be spent laying on your sides rather than on your back or stomach which can delay your return to work or other activities.  Still, in the right patient, the results are very good and the patients seem to feel the extra restrictions and recovery is worth it.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

BBL and TT : good combination for many

+1

You can certainly do a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and in fact harvest fat from the tummy including the extra part that would be discarded and use if for the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL).
Typically after a tummy tuck/BBL combination we have our patients sleep in a reclining chair for most of the first week. If you don't have one you can borrow or rent one rather than a surgical bed. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

You heal simultaneously from both. Pain is very manageable especially with Exparel injections which numbs the surgical area for 3-4 days and is injected at the time of surgery. Our patients usually do great with this combination.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Combining an abdominoplasty and a BBL

+1

Timing and planning of multiple surgical procedures is a common question and patient concern.  Combining an abdominoplasty and a BBL is not an unusual request.  There is a slightly higher risk of with this combination due to operative time and intraoperative positioning.  As long as you are in good physical health and have no overriding medical conditions you should be a good candidate. With this combination the highest priority has to be safety and the prevention of DVT and PE.

BBL and Tummy tuck at the same time

+1

I typically perform these as separate procedures.  This assures that you can be comfortable during the healing process.  I prefer that you not place pressure on the buttock after fat transfer for the first 6 weeks.  

Dennis Dass, MD

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Yes, it is possible to have both procedures done together. Often times, liposuction of the flanks is done at the time of the tummy tuck. If a person wanted BBL, the fat would simply be harvested and then injected into the buttock for increased volume.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Combination

+1

Having a tummy tuck and a brazilian butt lift at the same time will certainly increase your time to recovery. You will have a hard time finding a comfortable position to rest

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

TT and BBL together?

+1

Hi. Thanks for your question. A tummy tuck combined with a Brazilian is a commonly performed operation. It is safer for you to have this done by a board certified plastic surgeon with solid experience in this combination surgery. The operation requires a greater amount of time under anesthesia and the recovery will be longer. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift can be combined with Tummy Tuck

+1

In many circumstances, it is possible to combine these procedures.  You will need to consult with a plastic surgeon in order to determine if this is a good option for you.  Performing liposuction in the abdominal region with a tummy tuck does carry certain risks.  During a tummy tuck the lower abdominal skin is removed and the upper skin is loosened and stretched down to the pubic area.  We always worry about the blood supply to the skin that we stretch and performing liposuction in the area can decrease the blood flow.  Having said that, I frequently combine a tummy tuck with liposuction and BBL in my surgery center.  When combining surgeries, it is even more important to find a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs all the surgeries you are interested in – and has performed them together.  I also warn my patients that operating on the front and back of the body in one day can make recovery a little tricky since you should not lay or sit on your enhanced buttocks for the first two weeks.  Many of my patients have managed the first week or two using a maternity pillow to position themselves on their sides

Andrew Jimerson, MD