What is the Best Treatment for Sagging Loese Belly Skin After Extreme Weightloss?

It has been 3 years now that I have lost 115lbs. I excersise 6 days a week both cardio and weights and I have been able to tone great arms, my legs are ok but my chest and belly are horrible. Im embarressed by my turso so much, I never even remove my shirt infront of my boyfriend of 6 years. I cannt afford a tummy tuck and i'm also scared of that process. I would love to know what you think could work for wrinkled up folds on my belly. Thanks

Sagging or Loose Belly Skin After Extreme Weight Loss

+1

Unfortunately, as the other surgeons have pointed out, an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) may very well be the most effective way to tighten your stomach area.

The tummy tuck addresses the three components your abdomen: the skin, fat, and muscle. It helps get rid of loose or wrinkled skin, stretch marks, fat tissue, and it tightens the abdominal wall muscles so that even when sitting down or bending over the abdomen doesn't stick out.

If you only have loose skin, with no fat which needs to be removed... and the rectus abdominis muscles are intact, there is a procedure which is designed to only remove the loose skin. A dermatolipectomy is a procedure that takes out skin, but does not tighten the muscle. It benefits most slender women who have wrinkly or excess skin, but good muscle tone. However, it has the same scar as a tummy tuck.

What is the Best Treatment for Sagging Loose Belly Skin After Extreme Weight loss

+1

There is no treatment other than abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)   that can improve the problem you describe.  Sorry to not have an answer that would be more useful to you. Best wishes.

Only surgery

+1

There is nothing to get rid of excess skin except a tummy tuck or body lift. Until you can afford it try tight garments. Sorry cant help any more than that.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD