What's the Best Treatment for Painful Cellulite and Dimples on "Saddlebags"? (photo)

I'm 23 and 5'5". I weigh 165. I have tricare and live in San Diego. My doctor is referring me to a plastic surgeon and I would like to know what the best treatment would be for my individual case. It shows through my clothes and is so embarrassing. It is exercise resistant. Cellulite doesn't run in my family. I had severe eczema when I was a child, and was prescribed strong steroid creams.

Cellulaze procedure

+1

Cellulaze when performed by a physician who is familiar with the technology can produce great results in properly selected patients. Realistic expectation are key in satisfied patients. Make sure you see good before and after photos from the actual physician doing the treatments to get an idea of what is possible and what you can expect. There are experienced Cellulaze physician in your area that should be able to help you. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for cellulite with VASERSmooth

+1

After reviewing your photos, it appears that you have grade 3 cellulite in the gluteal area and on the posterior and lateral thighs.  You also have some extra fatty tissue on the lateral thighs (saddle bags) and posterior thighs.  To get the best result I would use the VASERSmooth to treat the cellulite in your areas and then use VASER liposuction to remove the extra fat in your saddle bags and posterior thighs.  I have been obtaining great results with the VASERSmooth to treat cellulite and can accomplish up to an 80% improvement in your cellulite permanently.  The VASERSmooth uses an ultrasound probe to cut the individual cellulite bands to smooth out the skin.  This would give you the best result.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

+1

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

No Great Treatment for Cellulite and Dimples - Options

+1

What is the Best Treatment for Cellulite and dimples?

For procedures that help to improve your cellulite, there is a laser treatment called Cellulaze that was recently approved by the FDA last year. This procedure is proven to show better results even after only the first session session. The outcome lasts one year or longer, but you may need followup sessions depending on the results. Also, I would not recommend any sort of Liposuction as it may in fact make your cellulite worse.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Best treatment for Cellulite and Saddlebags

+1

It's always difficult to say with certainty the best treatment for a patient without doing a physical exam and meeting with you in person but you would probably benefit most from a combination of procedures such as Liposuction (+/- SmartLipo) and Cellulaze.  Liposuction would help to remove and smooth some of the stubborn areas of fat and improve the contours.  Cellulaze helps to address and improve the surface dimpling and fibrous tissue that appears as cellulite.  Cellulaze will also help to thicken the skin and improve the skin's integrity for a smoother result.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Best Treatment for painful cellulite and dimples

+1

By your photos I would not recommend Cellulaze as your first line of treatment.  The horizontal dimpling you have is severe, and although Cellulaze will help improve the look of it, it will not completely correct it.  I would recommend Smart Lipo to first treat the deeper fatty layer and to also provide skin tightening to the problem areas.  What cellulite doesn't resolve with the Smart Lipo I would then consider treating with Cellulaze. 

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze is the new standard of care for Cellulite treatment

+1

There have been several treatments that have been approved by FDA for cellulite of the thighs. However, all of them except Cellulaze provide only very transient clinical benefit. Cellulaze is unique as it targets the anatomy of the cellulite by lasering underneath the cellulite skin of the thighs. The dimples of the cellulitic areas are treated by Cellulaze by thermally subcising the tethered scar tissues that are responsible for the dimples by pulling the skin downward. Cellulaze treatment protocol also will address fat protruded areas as well as skin laxity. Histology studies have confirmed increased in collagen production and skin dermal thickness a year after Cellulaze. Clinical photos have confirmed the clinical benefits of Cellulaze can last way beyond the official FDA indication of one year.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment

+1

Consider Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is a new long-lasting cellulite reduction treatment, which will help the skin be smooth and cellulite-free. It fights cellulite from under the skin and promotes skin thickening. If you have areas that are lumpy or dimpling that will not respond to exercise, then you are a good candidate for Cellulaze.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

#Cellulaze or not?

+1

Cellulaze is a laser treatment for melting the septae or fibrous bands that create dimples in the skin. from your pictures it seems like your problem is not only dimples but you also have localized pockets of fat that might not get better with Cellulaze alone. you should consult with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options in detail

Misbah Khan, MD