What is the Best Treatment for my Scars? (photo)

10 year old scars Previously treated with; - skin graft - scar revision - cortisone injection (twice after small raised keloid formation) - scar tissue excision - fat grafting w. stem cells and PRP - Vbeam - derma-roller Please help!!!?

Scar treatment

Dear Curiosity

You mention in one of you photos that pigmentation is one of your major concerns. If that is the case, several treatments with a pulse dye laser would be beneficial by targeting the pigment in the scar. IPL is another option, but would take more sessions to get a result. 

For texture, TotalFX laser would really help, which could be combined with PRP to maximize collagen production and speed healing. I have had some nice results using this combination. 

I hope this helps, best wishes

Dr S

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the Best Treatment for my Scars?

Surgical scar revision and if possible breaking the straight line of the scar tog saw pattern if the tissue will allow. Follow with early (within 6 weeks) treatment with fractional non ablative lasers and silicon scar patch when the swelling from the laser treatments subsides.

Good Luck

David Evdokimow, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon