What is the best treatment for my eye bags? (photo)

Looking for an Atlanta doctor to do my eyes.

How to treat under eye bags

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.

The best method for treating under eye bags would be a lower eyelid blepharoplasty. I routinely perform this procedure in my office. General anesthesia is not needed and the incision is never seen because I make it inside the eyelid!

I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Restylane for Eye Bags

+2

Injections with Restylane or other hyaluronic acid fillers work great for early eye bags. Under eye bag treatment is an advanced, technically more difficult injection procedure. Please seek out an experienced cosmetic physician with expertise in this treatment.

Robert Strimling, MD

Options For Treating Eye Bag

+1

Eye bags typically form as the fat that used to fill the lower eyelid region either descends or disappears. If you look at a picture of you in your 20's you will see that the area under your eyes are fuller. The treatment typically isn't by removing skin but be replacing the missing tissue. Fillers can accomplish this but are temporary. They also carry certain risks.

I think that first you need a careful exam by a board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon. If indeed the problem is a loss of fat, then a fat transfer is an excellent choice. Fat can be removed in small quantities from your abdomen or hip (wherever you want), and then processed. In can then be inject through very small needles into the bag area to restore the volume you had when you were younger. I would suggest an in-person consultation with a couple of different surgeons in your area. Best of luck to you.

Al Rosenthal, MD