What is the Best Treatment for a Large Blue Periorbital Vein? (photo)

I have a large bluish vein near right eye. My dernatologist told me there was no laser that would treat it. Would appreciate any suggestions especially in the Long Island area

Sclerotherapy or microphlebectomy.

+1

This vein can be treated by microphlebectomy or sclerotherapy.  Sclerotherapy is controversial among many physicians but there are accepted techniques to perform this and there is a lot of published information in the vein literature about sclerotherapy for periorbital veins.  I would treat this vein with sclerotherapy.  I have been doing periorbital sclerotherapy for many years with excellent cosmetic results and no complications.  I would refer you to vein experts for more information concerning periorbital sclerotherapy.

Naples General Surgeon

Peri-orbital vein, around the eyes

+1

This is a difficult area to treat, due to the location and the proximity to the eye. In my opinion, surgical removal with micro-incisions is the only possible option.  I would try to locate a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in facial procedures to discuss it with you further.

Austin General Surgeon

Treatment of large eye veins

+1

Thank you for your question about the large blue vein near your eye.

• an office procedure by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon can ligate (tie off) this vein.
  • Ask your dermatologist for a referral. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.