What is the Best Treatment for Ice Pick Scars on Nasal Area?

I'm 33. I got scars from the whiteheads and blackheads that popped out, even for those that I did not prick. Must be the genetics of my skin. Is needling or fraxel effective? I'm scared to try because a lot of reviews said their scars were even worse and their skin was sagging months and years after the treatment.

Best Treatment for Ice Pick Scars on Nasal Area?

+1

Thank you for your question. It is best to consult under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. Results will vary according to the severity of the scars and your skin type. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Ice Pick Scar Treatment

+1

Ice pick acne scars tend to respond well to Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.  This procedure stimulates your own collagen to fill in the 'hole' in the skin; therefore, the results are permanent.  Ice pick scarring is not easily treated with dermal fillers or microdermabrasion.  Thankfully, Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing is safe for treating skin in any location, including the area around the nose.

Eric Schweiger, MD

Acne scarring

+1

Dear patient, scars in the nasolabial fold can be quite challenging to remove. Ice pick scars can be punched out. This is followed by a fractional CO2 laser 2 weeks later. I will provide you with a link to my FB site. You can watch videos and see many before and after photographs. Yours. Dr. David R.

Dr. A. David Rahimi is one of the most experienced Acne Surgeons in Los Angeles. He is ready to put together an individual treatment regimen that fits your goals and budget. He has personally performed over 100,000 laser treatments in the past 15 years on many patients with Hispanic, Asian, Armenian, African American, and Middle Eastern backgrounds.

During the consultation he will discuss all the procedures that may be beneficial to you, including TCA peels, Jessner Peels, Needling, Subsicion, Punch grafting, stem cell fat grafting, Erbium and CO2 fractional laser resurfacing, Cooltouch lasers, Diolite laser, Dermabrasion, Saline injections and much much more.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Ice pick nasal scars

+1

Ice pick scars on the nose are very much like scars in other areas. The biggest difference is that the skin of the nose sometimes can be tighter in my experience. Excisions are more difficult because the skin is less likely to relax and get pulled in. For ice pick scars, I like to treat it withe deep chemical peels or laser resurfacing | ablation to get the scars to rise up closer to the surrounding skin.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon