What is the Best Treatment for Acne Pores on Face?

I have small pores especially on cheek, suggest me the best treatment Laser or peeling? I'll be moving to a new place after 4 months and can't continue with laser later on and so I'm confused as to go with which treatment!! Does laser work after 4 sessions cause I have small pores or should I go with peeling, does peeling have any effect on pores?

Treatment for pores

+1

It is normal to have visible pores, but they can enlarge with aging, acne or sun damage.  It is important to use oil-free products to not cause clogging of the pores and you should exfoliate once or twice a week.  Tretinoin cream helps keep the pores unclogged. 

Several treatments can minimize the appearance of pores, but will not eliminate them.  Light chemical peels and microdermabrasion will help somewhat, but laser treatments such as the Clear + Brilliant laser or Fraxel are more effective.  A series of these treatments is usually necessary.  Sun protection is important.

You should consult a board certified dermatologist who can assess your skin and suggest which treatment would be best for you. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Treatment Options for Visible Pores

+1

Despite the fact that we have many topical and office-based treatments to improve pores, they can still be one of the more difficult things to treat.  There is no one best treatment for anyone.  I definitely recommend topical RetinA on a routine basis as it will help to shrink pores over time. In addition, in our practice we offer Isolaz and SilkPeel, both of which improve pores after a few treatments.  Isolaz is a combination of pneumatic vacuum and IPL laser and SilkPeel is similar to microdermabrasion but which reduced dryness and irritation.  These treatments take only 15-20 minutes, require no downtime, and are fairly painless. In general, improving pores and rejuvenating the skin quality and texture requires maintenance as nothing gives permanent results.  Click on the link below to learn more about Isolaz and Silkpeel. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Best treatment for visible pores

+1

Visible pores are one of the most difficult things we treat.  In my experience, the best modality for this problem is the non ablative Fraxel laser.  A series of 3- 5 treatments is necessary.  It is widely available, so if you start with your current physician, he or she can refer you to another reputable physician near where you are moving.  I do not recommend chemical peels as they do little to nothing to permanently address visible pores.  Their effects are temporary.

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon