What is the best treatment to flatten my abdomen? (Photo)

I still have some abdominal fat to lose, but the loose skin is want bothers me most. I'm not sure if excercise alone will give me the smooth, flat look I desire. I am 48 yrs. old and had two full term births, 12 & 15 years ago. I also had abdominal/hip liposuction done 10 years ago.

Best treatment to flatten my abdomen?

+2
Exercise is beneficial but will not tighten the loose skin. Further liposuction of selected areas may contour some fullness but will not achieve a good cosmetic result if is performed alone without a tummy tuck.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you  exactly what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Flatten your abdomen

+2
Dear Pattt,

It is difficult to tell from the one photo that you submitted.  If you have significant excess skin or skin laxity, a tummy tuck is the best treatment for you.  Unfortuntely, No amount of excercise will make the skin tighten. Visit a plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and assess the amount of extra skin and which treatment options are best for you.  Many surgeons offer complimentary consultations, so it will only cost you your time to get the best recommendations. Best of luck. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Flattening Your Tummy

+2
Thank you for your picture.  It is difficult to tell from the picture.  You will get your best answer from a direct examination by a BC PS.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy tuck is the best procedure to flatten your tummy

+1
Thank you for your question.  The tummy tuck is a procedure specifically designed to tighten and flatten tummy skin.  The closer you can get to your ideal weight before surgery will result in a better outcome.  You do not want to lose weight after your tummy tuck as the skin can become loose again.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

What treatment is best for my stomach?

+1
Thanks so much for your question. I would say that based on your photo a tummy tuck would be the only procedure that would treat your loose abdominal skin effectively. I think any lesser procedure may ultimately leave you dissatisfied. 

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Thank you for the picture.

Based on your picture, my suggestion is for a mini tummy tuck. Combine with liposuction to he waist and lower back.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How to Treat your Extra Skin?

+1
There is no easy, non-surgical solution for extra skin.  There are options for the abdomen in general and each has its positives and its negatives. These start at relatively non-invasive options like coolsculpting and end in excisional procedures like a tummy tuck. The best way to remove loose skin remains cutting it out. This can take many different forms and your best bet is to find a plastic surgeon you like and trust, in an office you feel comfortable, and who offers you a thorough education on what is available and why what is suggested is likely to fit your goals.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What is the best treatment to flatten my abdomen?

+1
Only one oblique posed photo so very hard to advise over the internet. Best to seek IN PERSON consolations with boarded PSs. 

+1
   A tummy tuck will likely produce the best result, but an exam will be necessary to determine the amount of skin laxity.

Full tummy tuck

+1
Dear Pattt,

Your photo and history are consistent with being a full tummy tuck candidate.  A full tummy tuck will remove excess skin, thin out excess fat, tighten abdominal wall, and rejuvenate the bely button shape and appearance.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD