What is the Treatment of Extensive Keloid?

I have Extensive Keloid on occipital area which is resistant to conservative treatment.

Scalp keloids on the occipital area - Los Angeles

+1

Scalp keloids are difficult and should be treated with laser, IIT, and pressure treatment.  These scars can be quite aggressive and I have had experience resolving these keloids. 

Radiotherapy reduces recurrence of keloid scars when excised.

+1

Radiotherapy,(low dose superficial), has been shown to greatly reduce the recurrence of keloids. It must be done immediately after excision, so you need to have the doctor that excises the keloid have your referral set up before surgery. Typically it is 3 doses in 3 days, the first being the day of surgery. Find a Plastic Surgeon familiar with this regimen and they should be able to arrange it for you. Best Regards, Dr. Debra Irizarry, (debrairizarry.com)

Debra Irizarry, MD
Crestone Plastic Surgeon

Keloid scar treatment options are many

+1

Hi, I agree with the post below. There are many treatment options for keloid scars and it really depends on the appearance of your lesion. Every scar is different. Besides steroid injections and surgical removal, seeing a dermatologist with expertise in laser surgery can introduce a third option which is laser scar reduction. However, it is important to seek out a consultation in person so that your expectations and what can realistically be done, match up well. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment options for keloid scar

+1

I'm not sure what kind of conservative treatment you have already had for the keloid scar on the back of your head.  I would say that there are basically two options to help with a keloid scar.  An injection of a steroid medication can be used and will sometimes help and the other option would be surgical removal.  Even with surgical removal, it is possible that the keloid could return though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon