What is the Best Way to Treat Deep Wrinkles Under the Eyes?

TCA peel, Frac.Repair??? Whats the best result!!

Deep wrinkles with laser

+1

I agree with the other doctors on here that without a picture it is hard to give a definitive answer.  Typically I use a combination of fractional CO2 laser and dermal filling agents to address lines under the eyes.  Botox may also be used around and below the eye to further soften lines and open up the eyes.  If there is significant laxity to the skin, however, then a surgical intervention with or without laser may be the best option.  Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Is Fraxel the best treatment for under eye wrinkles?

+1

I think either of the options you listed might be beneficial, and I would bet that the TCA peel would cost substantially less.  That said, without photos, it is hard to be sure if these are your best options.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of wrinkles around the eyes

+1

The best option for treating wrinkles around the eyes is laser resurfacing, either fractional CO2 or ablative CO2 laser.  This will rid the lower lids of wrinkles and tighten up the skin at the same time.  If there are bags under the eyes,  then some form of blepharoplasty would help get rid of the bags and also tighten up the skin and remove some of the wrinkles.  If there is a deep groove along the junction of the lower lid and cheek, then a filler is your best option such as Juvederm.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Treating deep wrinkles under the eyes - Non Invasive and Surgical Options

+1

Deep wrinkles under the eyes can be due excess skin laxity or loss of volume under the eyes.  Your non-surgical options include some form of skin resurfacing such as peels or lasers (consider fraxel CO2) and/or the addition of fillers such as Restalyn or Juvederm.  In addition, you might get some additional deeper tightening using Ultherapy under the eyes.

If there is a heavy amount of skin laxity, then I would consider a lower lid blepharoplasty where some of the skin is directly excised and the incision hidden under the margin of the lid.  This will give you the most flexibility to remove the wrinkles.  Volume loss can also be addressed by fat repositioning or fat grafting.

Good luck.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD