What is the Treament for Damaged Motor Nerve Fibers Post Eyelid Surgery?

I had eyelid surgery six years ago and was left with damage to the motor nerve fibers. Is there a treatment for this condition and if so how would it be treated? Additionally, is there a qualified doctor in or around Tampa, Florida who can treat me. There is no outward negative appearance.

Eyelid muscle damage after surgery

+1

Without pictures it would be hard to give you an honest opinion. Typically, if there is a muscle injury there is no treatment to reinervate the muscle. However, it might be possible to perform something to minimize the defect or maybe do something to make it less visible. Good luck in you area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

Could you post a photo so we can see what is going on? Is it a problem with your upper or lower lids?  Depending on the issue, there are things that can be done to improve your situation.  

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Eyelid motor nerve damage

+1

There is currently no treatment to strengthen motor nerve ennervation to the eyelid muscle [orbicularist]. But depending on whether the nerve damage is along the upper eyelid or lower eyelid, there may be  procedures that might help eyelid function.

An Oculoplastics surgeon would provide the best option for you.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Damaged motor nerves of eyelids

+1

Unfortunately, there is no effective treatment for motor nerve damage of the eyelids, however there are procedures that may help improve the eyelid function even with damaged nerves. See an oculoplastic surgeon.  You can find one on the asoprs website.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Permanent damage after eyelid surgery.

+1

I am sorry to hear of your past experience.  Without a photo it is difficult to imagine what type of damage you may have experienced that would not give you an outward sign of assymetry or functional loss.  Perhaps with a followup posting you could describe more fully what may have happened to you and what your original surgery was intended to correct.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD