Can the Top of the Nose Be Widened?

Can the top of the nose between the eyes be widened, like with adding bone? Mine is so small.

Widening of the top of your nose may be achieved with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty.

+1

If you desire a wider appearance to the upper third of your nose, you may be a candidate for an Injectable Filler procedure, depending on your particular condition. I prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Top of nose can be widened

+1

Yes, the nasal bones can be widened at the inner canthal area by placing spreader grafts between the nasal bones.  This will involve medial osteotomies, harvesting septal cartilage to fashion the grafts, and inserting the grafts between the septum and nasal bones on each side to widen the nasal bones.

Widening the Top of the Nose

+1

Typically, this can be a very challenging goal, and I rarely recommend doing anything like this to the nose, due to the risk of complications.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Top of the Nose Be Widened?

+1

It is difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing different views of your nose.  In general grafting of cartilage can help widen the bridge

Sam Naficy, MD

Widening the upper nose

+1

Widening the upper nose can be accomplished with graft material. It really is a case by case decision.

Widening the top of the nose

+1

Yes, I would agree - not bone. A graft of some softer material would be needed - cartilage or fascia would be best, possibly an acellular dermal graft might work. Please make sure your rhinoplasty surgeon has a lot of experience and is comfortable with your problem and the proposed solution.

Kenneth P. Gilbert, MD

Temporal fascia

+1

I have made the best experience with temporal fascia.

Harvest can be through an incision in the hair bearing scalp and it is a very good grafting material for the nose.

I have also made very good experience with diced cartilage grafts, combined with fibrin glue and temporal fascia.

I avoid cartilage struts since the either absorb or may be rather palpable

Alexander Aslani, MD, EBOPRAS
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Widening the Top of the Nose

+1

The top of the nose can be widened, but I would use your cartilage and/or fascia not bone. select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because this is a difficult procedure and not frequently done.