Why is the Tip of my Nose Swollen on One Side 9 Months Later?

I had my nose done in June. In photos front on my nose looks the same unfortunately. I think my surgeon was too conservative and the tip looks bulbous. I know all the comments are to wait but I don’t believe that if they take enough cartilage out you would see it straight away and more so over months. I went through allot of the same pain with minimal results. Also there is asymmetry as one side is bloated. Really, would it still be swollen?

Tip swollen on one side 9 months after surgery

+1

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following your procedure. This is especially the case if tip work is performed, as you will experience more swelling. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it will take some time. Waiting to see how you continue to heal is the best thing you can do at the moment. It is not uncommon to have asymmetrical swelling following rhinoplasty. A little bit of kenalog mixed with 5-flourouracil is a great way to reduce post-operative swelling if necessary. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about this option. I hope this helps, and good luck with the remainder of your recovery!  

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Asymmetric swelling on one side of nose 9 months post-op

+1

Even if you do need a revision, it is necessary to wait a year before undergoing another surgery. You must give the tissues time to settle completely before re-operating.

It does often take a year before the final result of your rhinoplasty is apparent. If your rhinoplasty was done closed, that may be the reason the tip is not as refined as you want. The next time you undergo surgery, talk with your surgeon about doing it open.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Swollen tip 9 months after Rhinoplasty

+1

At nine months post-op, your nasal appearance is well established and it is time to consider further correction if necessary. The revision should be done after twelve months post-op.

Web reference: http://www.torontofacialcosmeticdrc.com/rhinoplasty-procedure.html

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon