Will the Tip of my Nose Get Smaller? (photo0

I had a rhinoplasty 8 days ago 7-21-12 and the tip of my nose looks huge!!!! will it get smaller? I look like pinocchio and I don´t know what to do so my tip can get smaller? Will taping my tip down help? Please give me some tips!!! I´m almost regreting this nose job! I like how I look when I'm looking at the camera but my profile looks terrible and I´m freaking out about it!!!

Tip Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 8 days post-op it is very early to assess the results of your rhinoplasty. The swelling you are exhibiting according to your photos is not uncommon.

Also, from what it looks like based on the photos you have a thick oily nasal skin that will slow your recovery pace, especially at the level of your nasal tip.

Usually, it takes about 12 months for the final results to be fully established and a little more for patients as yourself with a thick nasal skin.

Therefore, I recommend that you have more patience and follow your surgeon's instructions religiously to help secure the best results possible.

Thank you for sharing your photos and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

+1

Your pictures are too small and I can not really evaluate them, but what I can tell you are generalities of nasal surgery. SInce you are only one week out from you surgery I can tell you that your swelling will indeed get much better. It can take up to one year for all of the swelling to resolve, but most swelling will subside in the first 2-3 months. Being patient for your final result is the rule not the exception when discussing Rhinoplasty surgery.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Tip swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Your concerns are not uncommon this early after the surgery. Some people may experience more swelling than others, depending on open vs closed approach technique and your skin type and thickness. The good news is that swelling will subside over next 4-6 weeks in most individuals. If there is still swelling after 6 weeks, a steroid injection may help. I would not recommend taping. You should consult with your surgeon about your options. 

Joseph Shvidler, MD
Tacoma Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling and Taping

+1

Dear tmp,

I can see your concerns in the photographs above however eight days post surgery is simply to early to determine your results. It takes an entire year for all of the swelling from Rhinoplasty to fully dissipate. I do not believe in taping post surgery and that it will do any long term good. This is something to bring up and discuss with your surgeon as well as your other concerns. Do not "freak out" at this point and keep an open discussion with your surgeon he knows best what was done and where you are in the recovery phase. Wishing you some peace of mind and relax the best you can. Best regards! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD