1 Month after Rhinoplasty it looks like the tip of my nose is slipping down, normal?

HI, My surgery was done less than a month ago. When I first got the cast off my face, I was in love with the new shape of my nose. However, as the swelling is getting less, I feel like the tip is coming down a little bit. Is that normal? Is there anything I can do that would help to lift the tip like it was a week ago? Thank you!!

Taping to prevent tip drop after rhinoplasty

+1
It is very common for the nasal tip to drop after a rhinoplasty, especially if a cartilage strut graft to support the tip is not done.  Please consult your plastic surgeon and ask if the surgeon feels that taping the tip op will help prevent the drop.  Occasionally using a Steri-Strip to elevate the tip in a second strip to compress the supratip area can help prevent further drop of the tip.

Nasal changes

+1
The nose will undergo  many changes during the healing process.  Best to relax and allow it to heal.  If concerned talk to your doctor.

Tip of nose slipping down

+1
Thank you for your question. There will be visible changes with your nose up to six months after surgery. Most of us rhinoplasty surgeons wait at least six months before doing the final critical examination and taking post operative photos. I tell my patients there is always some unpredictability with any operation. Even though rhinoplasty is a very exacting operation, we are still dealing with living tissues that swells and scars and is influenced by gravity. It is not like modeling clay or carving wood. Because of this unpredictability we leave the door open for the possibility of revisional surgery. Typically about fifteen percent of our patients require some "touching up." These procedures tend to be minor. Many if not most rhinoplasty surgeons don't charge for it. When you see your surgeon I'm sure he or she will reassure you. Best wishes.  

William McClure, MD

Rhinoplasty results Columbus, Ohio

+1
Contact your surgeon and schedule an appointment. Upon examination your surgeon will be able to answer all of your questions and the reason why you are seeing changes. It is important to remember that with rhinoplasty surgery it may take months to see a final result.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon