Can the Tip of my Nose Be Revised and my Nostril Asymmetry? (photo)

I had my bridge collapse after first surgery. I had a graft put in my bridge. My nostrils are extremely uneven and ugly. Can this be revised. Just the nostrils assymetry?

Can the tip of my nose be revised and my nostril asymmetry?

+1

The symmetry of the nostrils can be improved with a revision rhinoplasty. An in-person exam would be necessary to determine the additional procedures required for you to obtain the best possible result. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified revision rhinoplasty specialist. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Revision rhinoplasty for nostril asymmetry

+1

A revision rhinoplasty may be able to improve the asymmetry significantly. It's important to realize, however, that making a change to one part of the nose (e.g., the nostrils) can affect the shape of other parts of the nose. As a result, adjusting the entire tip complex is usually necessary to correct the parts you don't like while maintaining the look of the parts that you do like. An experienced rhinoplasty/revision rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to point that out to you. If your prospective surgeon doesn't realize this, you may want to get another opinion before having additional surgery.

--DCP

Pearson Facial Plastic Surgery®

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty and correcting the nostrils

+1

Dear Lizzygw123,

1. The uneven nostrils can be improved, and it usually requires some degree of tip work
  2. On the right side, the tip cartilages are hanging a little lower than the left causing the nostril asymmetry
  3. You should see a revision rhinoplasty specialist to help correct this

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD