Nose Seems To Get Flat When I Smile. Should I get the tip refined or a full Rhinoplasty?

Hi there, I am a 26f and I am looking at getting the tip of my nose refined. Everyone else in my family has a refined nose and mine seems to appear alot fatter; especially when I smile. I feel it makes me look as though my features are all more roundish and almost Islander like. I don't hate my nose however I would just like it to look a bit more 'pretty'. Would appreciate your feedback. :)

Rhinoplasty to refine a roundish nasal tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure is performed to improve aesthetic of the nose at rest, not upon animation or smiling.  However, if a depressor septi ligament is present, this ligament can be released at the time of the rhinoplasty, which will prevent the flat appearance to the tip and the tip drooping downward upon animation. 
A bulbous tip is best refined by removal of excess cartilage and suturing techniques to narrow and refine of the nasal tip.

+1

Hi,

Its difficult to say without seeing your profile. Quite honestly there is not much difference between a full rhinoplasty and a tip-plasty. Recovery times should be about the same. I would go with your surgeon suggest.

Best.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com