Why is the Tip of my Nose Painful and a Bit Discoloured After Rhinoplasty 2? (photo)

After having ear cartilage grafts, about 1 year after surgery, I have got this painful tip which is hard and sort of looks like a white head. There is a dark ring around it. You can sort of see it in the picture but there may be some reflection. Can anybody tell me what it is and how I can get rid of it? Thanks

Painful nasal tip after rhinoplasty

+1
You should see your surgeon to evaluate your nose. Tip grafts can cause skin necrosis over time if it insert excessive pressure on a thin skin which can start by discoloration of the skin as blood supply is reduced.

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Why is the Tip of my Nose Painful and a Bit Discoloured After Rhinoplasty 2?

+1

The cartilage grafts may need to be removed or reduced.  This will depend upon the quality of the skin envelope.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA