What Can Be Done to the Tip of my Nose for Revision? (photo)

I feel like it still looks droopy and it sticks out and looks meaty on the tip! The part that's under the tip seems to be too meaty looking. I did a photoshop version myself to show what i mean by wanting fixed. Can this be done? How?

Revision of Nasal Tip

+1

You do not mention when your rhinoplasty was done. Tour thick tip can be improved after waiting 10-12 months following surgery by changing the contour of the tip cartilages and probably adding cartilage to improve definition. Your morphed photo seems realistic.

Another maximum attempt at raising and narrowing your tip

+1

Hi. It seems that the attempt at raising and narrowing your tip didn't work, or it didn't work well enough. The way I see your nose, it requires the very best effort at raising and narrowing that tip. See my "Web reference" link for a morph I made of your nose. There can be two main factors in your drooping tip. One, the cartilage might still be in a position to keep the tip of your nose wide and drooping. That would be good, because modifying the tip cartilages to raise and narrow the tip is one of the more predictable changes that can be made in a revision rhinoplasty. It would not be unusual for this to be the case, because raising the tip involves complicated work on the tip of the nose, something not every plastic surgeon can do. So perhaps your surgeon left the cartilages in a long, wide position, and another operation, addressing those cartilages better, can get you closer to your goal.

The other factor can be scar tissue: perhaps lots of scar tissue is making your tip look long and wide. The scar tissue can be addressed, by removing all that can be removed, but it's generally less predictable than working on cartilage.

When selecting a surgeon, you must be certain to look at his before and after revision rhinoplasty photos, to see if he has been able to make these kind of changes for his other patients. That's the only way you can reasonably research your doctor.

Web reference: http://www.facialsurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_BD.html

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip revision can improve the shape

+1

If you are more than a year since your rhinoplasty, tip revision can help. Please send full face picture (lateral and frontal)

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Revision nasal tip surgery

+1
Tip-plasty surgery can be performed to improve your nose in the area of concern. If you show your photoshopped nasal photo to your plastic surgeon, I think it would be a great way to communicate your expectations and goals. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.drgregpark.com/nose-surgery