Is the Tip of my Nose Too Bulbous? (photo)

I recently had a consulation, and my doctor and I agreed to leave the tip of my nose untouched and focus on the dorsal hump. I'm having surgery in 3 weeks and I'm having second thoughts about the tip. I still feel its too bulbous. I would love a second opinion.

Tip Too Bulbous?

+1

I don't feel your tip is too "bulbous" but it can be improved by conservatively narrowing the tip and establishing  better definition. You want your tip proportional to the rest of your nose.

Nasal tip refinement

+1

I believe you would be prudent to re-examine the nasal tip question. Your surgeon can best address this by seeing you in 3 dimensions. The proper time to refine the nasal tip is at the same time you have the dorsal reduction, especially if there are second thoughts. Good for you for thinking this through!

Is my Nose Tip Bulbous?

+1

In my opinion, it appears to be. Your nasal tip could be vastly refined by narrowing the width of your lower lateral cartilages making them up the nasal tip. Since you are having a rhinoplasty you should nclude the tip for a more harmonious result. 

Is the tip of my nose too large? (photo)

+1

Our eyes view the world, and objects within, in relative terms.  As large as your tip is now, once the dorsum (top) of the nose is reduced, it will appear even larger.  To maintain proportionality, YES, have the tip refined, reduced in size, and feminized in contour.  Otherwise, you will not likely be pleased with the result of your rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com

Question about bulbous nasal tip

+1

From observing your photo it appears that your nasal tip is a little bulbous, this does not mean it needs to or should be corrected.   Discuss your personal desires with your plastic surgeon and together you can make a decision.  

Narrowing a bulbous nasal tip

+1

Hi Fonix,

At risk of sounding silly I think your nose is quite cute from the front.  Could it be narrowed a bit.  Sure but I would keep it very concervative.  I'd remove a minimal strip of your lower lateral cartilages to narrow the tip just a bit.  I'd prefer to do this without opening the nose so the rest of your alar cartilage is not dissected or effected.  Keep it minimal.  

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

You would get better result with smaller tip

+1

Your front pictures show tip that would be better if reduced during the rhinoplasty . I would suggest consultation with a plastic surgeon that offer computer morphing for better evaluation before surgery. Your tip will be more noticeable after  only dorsal hump reduction.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1

Hi,

From the pics you sent, it looks like you have bulbosity from large, overgrown lateral alae of the lower lateral cartilages as opposed to thick skin. This can be altered during a rhinoplasty by reshaping the lower lateral cartilages. I agree that this should be addressed at you surgery.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

+1

You are correct to seek other opinions in person, not via the internet. Also go discuss the tip with the chosen surgeon.