Will the Tip Drop at This Point?

I didn't like my tip first day of surgery, and I don't like it now (4 days post-op). It is too high for my face. I had a closed rhinoplasty. Will the tip drop in these circumstances? Since the nose isnt swollen or anything immediately after the surgery, is that the final result?

Dropped Nasal Tip and Healing After Rhinoplasty

+1

It takes months for your nose to heal after surgery and the nasal tip usually drops over time. I suggest waiting at least a couple of months for healing to occur, if you have any concerns, you should consult with your surgeon.

Will the Tip Drop at This Point?

+1

If the tape and the splint are still in place, the tip is probably artificially elevated.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Noses take time to heal

+1

The nasal tip usually drops as healing progresses. Be patient with the healing process as it takes up to a year to see the final result, although most of the healing occurs earlier.  

Dr. Zoumalan

Nasal Tip Drops Slightly As Healing Occurs After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Sour,

Yes, your nasal tip should drop as time goes by after your rhinoplasty.  Patience is it's own reward.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. p

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.