Will the Tip Drop a Lot More? I Am Freaking Out! Too Upturned and Small at Day 7 - when Cast Came Off? (photo)

So I had revision open rhinoplasty recently. I just got the cast off a few hours ago and I am in tears. My nose is extremely small, the tip is so upturned. When I had my first rhino nobody noticed that I had work done. I feel like everyone will notice since it's such a huge change. I only wanted some tweaking, so the tip doesn't drop too too much and skinnier from the front. Will my tip drop even more soon?! I am scared to face anyone right now. Please help.

Will the Tip Drop a Lot More? I Am Freaking Out! Too Upturned and Small at Day 7 - when Cast Came Off?

+1

The tip may drop quite a bit depending upon maneuvers employed and amount of swelling.

Tip position after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Tip position after revision rhinoplasty depends upon a number of factors including how much work was performed on the tip and how the tip was fixated. Tips not properly supported may tend to droop over time.  Tips rigidly secured to the septum or other grafts will often maintain their position.

William D. Losquadro, MD
Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bad Rhinoplasty Result?

+1

I think most of us surgeons are thinking, "hey, that looks like a pretty good result so far".    In terms of ideal proportions and angles, the nose doesn't look either too small or to upturned. But, of course, what we think doesn't matter.  It's what the patient wanted and expected that matters most. Depending on how much support is in the tip, it may drop a couple of millimeters during the next couple of months. Taking that into consideration, if it's still going to be too upturned for you, then it may have been a matter of whether there was good communication between you and your surgeon beforehand, such that you both knew what each other's goals were. I personally find that words alone inadequately convey intentions and expectations, so computer imaging is critical to ensure that you both are on the same page.  If you did imaging that you were happy with, then ask your surgeon how sure he is that the results will be similar.  Having said all that, again personally think it's going to be just fine.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon